Georgetown Israel Alliance (GIA)
The students of the Georgetown Israel Alliance (GIA) stand in support of Israel as a democratic Jewish state, providing a safe and secure homeland where Jews from all over the world can connect to their roots and strengthen their identity. Our diverse membership promotes the State of Israel’s goals of a secure peace, prosperity and national advancement through political, cultural and social programming at Georgetown University.
GIA provides an open forum for the exchange of diverse ideas concerning the social, political, and cultural affairs of Israel. The organization raises awareness on campus of Israeli current events and to increase knowledge and understanding of Middle East issues.
GIA’s programming cultivates a positive understanding and awareness of the State of Israel’s challenges and accomplishments within the larger student body. Specifically, GIA focuses on increasing the understanding of the complexity of Israeli society and initiatives for peace and security.
Photo Galleries from GIA
- Oct 6, 2011 — 13 photosKrav Maga at Georgetown
- Apr 22, 2009 — 13 photosGIA's Israel @61 Celebration
- Feb 14, 2008 — 3 photosLove Shuk w/ GIA
- Nov 29, 2007 — 3 photosPiece of Cake for Peace at Georgetown
- Sep 7, 2007 — 5 photosGIA Taste of Israel Event
- Mar 29, 2007 — 2 photosOff the Record at the Israeli Embassy
- Mar 14, 2007 — 2 photosDavid Horovitz at Georgetown