Campus Coordinator Internship at the World Zionist Organization
- Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM EDT
- Filed under Internships, Stipend Programs
- Tagged for WZO
WZO Department for Diaspora Activities is a worldwide network of Zionist thinkers and activists. We utilize educational values to encourage expansive thinking and learning of modern Israeli culture, history, social justice, and the Hebrew language. The North American branch of WZO invites Jewish students in universities throughout the continent to become involved in developing a dynamic Zionist community in their area by creating meaningful and personal connections to Israel. There are several regional WZO offices in North America.
Internship time line: August Summer training, September 2012 – May 2013 (could be extended according to organization need and intern performance)
- Paid internship
- A budget for programming on campus
- Free attendance to annual Young Zionist Leadership (YZL) Conference in Miami, FL.
- Priority registration for all other WZO events and conferences
- Access to dozens of pre-built Israel programs to run on your campus
- Entrance to a network of interns and professionals spanning the entire North American continent
- Resources and connections provided by one of the oldest and largest Zionist organizations in the world
- Run AT LEAST two WZO events on campus per month (or more, depending on the size of your campus)
- Promote all WZO national events and campaigns
- Commit a MINUMUM of 5 hours per week to your internship activities
- Monthly conference calls with your WZO supervisor
- Participation in the summer training for all WZO interns
- Contribute to the Zionist activities and organizations already existing on campus
- Become an integral part of all Israel activity on programming on your campus
- Become the key resource for ALL things Israel (i.e. not just politics, advocacy, etc.)
- Spread Zionism and build a Zionist community on your campus
The ideal candidate
- Someone already involved in his or her campus’ Israel community, with preference to those who have experience planning events
- Someone who has demonstrated a serious commitment and interest to Israel and Zionism
- Someone who has also demonstrated a responsible nature in related activities
- Past participation in a Long Term Program in Israel (preferable but not a must).
- Someone willing to devote and commit themselves entirely to serious position that involves consistent activity, evaluation, and reporting to superiors
- Must be a current Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior
Applications open Monday, March 26th, 2012 for Aug 2012-May 2013.
Contact Shoshanna Howard at email@example.com or (415) 742-0776.
About the World Zionist Organization
World Zionist Organization North America Department for Diaspora Activities is the branch of the WZO that works primarily to introduce Jews in the Diaspora to different aspects of Israeli culture, politics and society through quality educational content and programming.
WZO North America was created to encourage students and young professionals throughout the United States and Canada to continue and strengthen the relevance and importance of Zionism on campuses and in their everyday lives. Our goal is to work closely with youth movements, university students, and adults by creating programming that ensures Zionism remains an integral aspect of Jewish thought on campus and throughout North American communities. These programs include leadership seminars, conferences, networking events, on-campus activities and community-wide events.
For more information about WZO, visit www.izionist.org/na.