Internship at the Israel Action Network
- Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 6:20 PM EDT
- Filed under Internships
- Tagged for Israel Action Network
This internship position will work closely with all members of IAN staff to assist in daily operations with a focus on content creation, community relations, communications and research. The intern will be responsible for assisting with various advocacy and capacity-building initiatives.
- Assist in community outreach to monitor updates and aid in planning programs, campaigns and consultations.
- Writing content for IAN website, newsletters, memos, promotional programming and materials.
- Assist in maintenance and development of IAN website.
- Attend/take notes on/transcribe press/conference calls.
- Conducting research for ongoing projects, communications and field work.
- Helping with the production of documents and events.
- Assisting with correspondence, phone work and general office tasks as they arise.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Previous experience in the fields of community organizing, communications, marketing or similar.
- Knowledge of Middle East Affairs and/or the issues related to Israel de-legitimization and the BDS movement
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, internal and external.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms web publishing and content management systems
- Detail oriented
- Strong team player
- Strong self starter
- Commitment to the mission of the Israel Action Network, Jewish Federations of North America and Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
For more information or to apply, contact Emily Hochberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 284-6559.
About the Israel Action Network
The Israel Action Network (IAN) is a strategic initiative of the Jewish Federations of North America, in partnership with the Jewish Council for Public Affairs to counter the assault on Israel’s legitimacy. Israel today faces an intensive and increasingly sophisticated assault on its right to exist as a sovereign democratic Jewish state. The IAN was created to educate, organize and mobilize the organized North American Jewish community to develop strategic approaches to countering these assaults and develop innovative efforts to change the conversation about Israel and achieving peace and security for two states for two peoples. Our work is grounded in building strong relationships with people of faith, human rights advocates, political and civic leaders, and friends and neighbors in our communities. With the help of these allies, we are developing a broader understanding of Israel and Israelis and are working together to address these issues.
For more information about the Israel Action Network, visit www.israelactionnetwork.org.